Courses tailored to you
At SLT UK our team of speech and language therapists can provide courses for other healthcare professionals in order to help them support an individual with their eating, drinking and swallowing needs.
What will courses at SLT UK include?
SLT UK have a number of courses available to educate other healthcare professionals regarding any eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties that may enhance their work with patients.
Our team of specialist speech and language therapists use evidence based practice to create and deliver courses. Courses can be tailor-made for your needs. Courses at SLT UK may involve:
- Information and education regarding specific eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties.
- Training on supporting the individual with carrying out exercises and techniques.
- Courses on how to use equipment safely.
- Guidance with identifying when a speech and language therapy intervention would be beneficial to support referrals.
- Guidance on how to safely work with a patient with eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties.
Who may benefit from speech and language therapy courses at SLT UK?
Courses at SLT UK can be highly beneficial for managing an individual's difficulties with their eating, drinking and swallowing. Individuals who may benefit from courses at SLT UK include care homes, healthcare professionals, family members, catering companies and the individual with eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties themselves.
What courses can SLT UK provide?
Our speech and language therapists will be able to provide courses on any type of eating, drinking and swallowing intervention or condition you would like to learn more about.
Some of our courses include:
- Management of long term eating, drinking and swallowing difficulty.
- Dysphagia information.
- Information on how to identify risks during a swallow.
- Texture modification and training on how to use the equipment.
- Courses on food modification descriptors.
- Setting up the optimum eating and drinking environments for an individual with dysphagia.
- How to feed another person effectively and safely.
- How to look after a PEG and other equipment.
If you feel you may benefit from speech and language therapy or would like any more information on our services please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0330 088 5643.