What is advice and education?
Our speech and language therapists offer a service of advice and education for individuals with eating and drinking needs, their parents, carers and other professionals.
We offer advice and education on any aspect of eating, drinking and swallowing.
Advice is information we provide to the individual, parents or carers and other professionals on how best to help and support an eating and drinking difficulty.
Education is information we provide to increase the knowledge of individuals, parents or carers and other professionals regarding any aspect of eating and drinking.
What types of advice and education do we provide?
Our speech and language therapists will provide advice and education on any aspect of eating and drinking, this can include:
- Advice on therapy programmes or intervention.
- Advice on compensatory strategies.
- Advice on eating, drinking and swallowing management.
- Education for parents, carers and healthcare staff on eating, drinking and swallowing, also alerting signs of aspiration.
- Education or advice on specific conditions or disorders.
The above list covers some of the main areas we provide advice and education for, we can however advise and educate on any aspect of eating and drinking. We will do our best in helping to advise and educate individuals, parents, carers and other professionals on the information they require.
If you feel you may benefit from speech and language therapy or would like any more information on our services please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0330 088 5643.